Saturday, December 29, 2007

I'm just finishing my baking..........


....as with everything else this year, I'm behind schedule by about a week. I'm finishing my baking today so I can get it packed up and shipped. This little cookie is my favorite........Scandinavian Pepparkakor. While I was rolling them this morning I remembered the year my cats got into a bit of trouble. Molly and Willy were only about 5 months old, I was making triple batches back then to give to my staff and coworkers. I make my cookies miniature, this guy is 2 inches tall. I used to make hearts and stars also and I frosted them the traditional way with an icing that was made with gelatin. It was almost like working with marshmallow except it got stickier as it dried and when it is completely dried it is hard.


........Well, I was using the dining room table to dry them.......hundreds on racks. Molly was chasing Willy (the little black one) all over the house and all of the sudden I heard this clacking noise.......oh, dear..........there was Willy covered in sticky cookies starting at her front paws with a few hanging from her tail. When I finally caught her, she was terrified, I tried to pull them off and of course it was like they were crazy glued to her little body. Needless to say..........she had a bath. She was never quite the same after that night. She's gone now but this picture from that Christmas is in my kitchen.

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas.........and I wish you a peaceful New Year.

Barb

3 comments:

bluejeanprimitives said...

Poor Willy!!!! then again, poor Barb having to give a Cat a bath and all your sticky cookies ruined! (ok it's a little funny) :)

Wendy said...

Oh Barb....that's too funny :) -- and your just getting around to baking? And I thought I was behind !! Wishing you a successful and Happy New Year!

Lana Manis said...

Happy New Year Barb & Sarah!