Saturday, December 22, 2007

Merry Christmas One and All!



We've been so busy getting ready for the holidays, we've been neglecting our blog. So, we'll wish you all happy holidays and make a resolution to be more chatty in the new year -- which is not so far away . . .

That's Sarah's Christmas tree pictured above -- the tree that undecorates itself. For every ten ornaments I put on, one falls off. It is a fraser fir and the branches are a little on the limp side. Next year, I'll get one that is sturdier.

Here's a close up of some ornies. That sweet charm of my dog Cairo was made by the very talented Lana Manis of Honeysuckle Lane (if you don't know her work, visit her at http://honeysucklelane.blogspot.com/ and http://www.honeysucklelane.com/). The angel behind and to the right of the charm was made by Rachael Kinnison of the Lady's Repository Museum (http://ladysrepositorymuseum.blogspot.com/) and Diamond K Folk Art (http://www.tdiptmercantile.com/artists/diamondk.html), who also makes the most amazing reproduction dolls I have ever seen.



I have some other fabulous hand-made ornies that I'll try to take pics of and post soon. In the meantime, drink a lot of eggnog and eat a lot of cookies! Life is short. Indulge a little.

Best wishes,
Sarah

4 comments:

Doreen Frost said...

What a lovely tree. Thank you for sharing and have a Merry Christmas.

Take care
Doreen

Sylvia Anderson said...

Your tree is beautiful! I know what you mean about ornies falling off...I have to pick several up daily, but mostly because my kitties knock them off. :)

Unknown said...

Love that tree!!:o)
Happy New Year, girls!:o)

Rachael Kinnison said...

Ohhhhh you didnt have to mention me on there!!! Even if a bit 'limpy'...I bet it smelled Heavenly! Barb & Sarah I wish you both the very merriest & happiest new Years ever! (Im certainly glad Christmas is over, but NOT looking foreward to taking down my decorations & tree....would people think me strange to just leave it out all year???? Its soooo pretty!!)